Sunday, October 9, 2011

I wish I was this clever!


I ordered the stocking punch, partly because I am addicted to punches and their matching stamp sets, but also because I liked having another Christmas punch...but little did I know I was going to get a Hobby Horse punch!

I saw so many talented stampers turn this sock, essentially, into the most adorable horse, so I had to make a go of it!  I stamped the stocking in Cherry Cobbler (my new go-to red)...the heel of the sock doubles as the ear...the mane is some chocolate grosgrain snipped to look like hair...the bridle is made from to pieces of 1/4" grosgrain wrapped and secured with a brad...add a 'broomstick' strip of card stock and you have the most adorable Hobby Horse!

I've also seen these done in pastels for baby cards!

No comments:

Post a Comment