Saturday, October 29, 2011

Truckload of fun!


My friend, Ada, asked (challenged! thanks!) me to make a card for her brother who likes cards...unfortunately, I do not ow a car stamp set (you would think I would since I have 2 boys--guess I'll have to put that on my next shopping list!)

The truck is paper-pieced (meaning the image is stamped on several different colors of cardstock and trimmed and pieced together to make one cohesive image)...I stamped the trees 2 or 3 times without re-inking the stamp to give the forest some depth...the grass along the highway is a piece of Garden Green cardstock torn along the top edge and then trimmed into fronds...

This card measures 6 1/2 x 6 1/2, scored at 3 1/4...it fits in a small legal style envelope...

I like this card so much that I decided to make one for my nephew and brother-in-law!

No comments:

Post a Comment